The Highlight Of Scottish Family Business Week
17th October 2014 Paul Andrews
The main event for Scottish Family Business Week 2014 is a family business conference bringing together best practice and real insight into the family business sector.
THURSDAY NOVEMBER 13, 2014
NATIONAL MUSEUM OF SCOTLAND
The aim of the day is to share knowledge and focus on some of the challenges that family firms need to address in order to transition successfully to future generations.
This event will bring together speakers from various disciplines, reinforced with real examples from family business owners who are dealing with practical issues associated with the governance and management of the family firm.
Research from the EU suggests that 30,000 family businesses in Scotland will potentially be transitioning from generation to generation in the next 10 years and therefore there is a real issue that needs to be addressed.
This will be explored throughout the day with insights into areas such as Do I really want to work in the family firm?, How do we communicate as a family in business together?, Can I work with my siblings?, How do we harness our heritage and brand as the business moves forward? How do we plan for succession? and What does good governance look like?
Providing the platform to succeed for generations is not easy but The Scottish Family Business Conference seeks to help families on their journey.
- Jane Wylie-Roberts - Stafffinders
- Keira Proctor - A Proctor Group
- Mairi Mickel - Mactaggart and Mickel
- Dr Claire Seaman - Queen Margaret University
- Martin Stepek - Scottish Family Business Association
- Iain Duff - Bank of England
- Judith D'Ambrosio - The Scottish Shutter Company
- Peter Wright - Dalkeith
- Deirdre Kinloch Anderson - Kinloch Anderson
- Mike Kane - Turcan Connell
- Andy Cumming - Close Brothers Asset Management
- Paul Andrews - Family Business United
Find out more about the speakers and the event and book your tickets here