Family Firms Uniting For Charity
19th June 2019 Paul Andrews
Family Business United has once again teamed up with FBU members Plan Insurance to make a difference and support the UK's leading youth homelessness charity this Christmas.
Each year we like to try and do something to make a difference and in December will be embarking on our third Family Business Santa Dash, collecting warm clothes to distribute to the homeless and funds to support youth homelessness too.
This year sees the route in the sponsored van taking us to the South West, starting in Plymouth and winding our way back to London via various family firms en route before distributing the items collected on The Strand in London where the homeless come from all over the UK.
Having done this for the past two years it is incredibly humbling to see the appreciation for a jumper, jacket or scarf. We are currently plotting the route from Plymouth so any family firms en route that want to arrange a collection for us to pop by and pick up please do get in touch.
- Collect warm clothes/DVD's/CD's for the campaign and donate them to the cause
- Speak to us about a visit during the Santa Dash from 2-6 December (if based in the South West or the route back to London from the South West!)
- Sponsor a 'present' on the van for £144
- Make a donation online
In order for the whole family business community to have the opportunity to get involved we have created a simple marketing pack that will enable participation by collecting unwanted DVD’s and CD’s and sending them to us between now and the end of the year. The pack includes a press release, social media banner and poster.
We will use the donated items to raise funds and donate them to our campaign for Centrepoint who are the UK’s leading youth homelessness charity that provide great support and accommodation for those in need, with a bed costing less than £12 per month. Christmas in particular is a real ‘family time’ and given that family firms would not be what they are without the role of the family, helping this as a causes seems like the right fit. Hopefully with unwanted DVD’s and CD’s in homes around the UK, we can convert the items donated into funds to make a real difference to lives of young homeless people from all over the UK this Christmas and beyond.
Anyone who wishes to sponsor a ‘present’ on the van can do so for just £144 by making the donation online here and we will then make sure the logo is added and they are involved in the social media campaign between now and December, but particularly during our time on the road in the van, and we will provide a news release for use too.
Furthermore, anyone wishing to make a donation, however small, can do so here.
Every penny helps.
All monies will be donated to Centrepoint, a registered charity (registered charity number 292411) which
• Is the UK’s leading charity for homeless young people aged 16-25.
• Supports more than 10,000 homeless young people a year directly in London, Manchester, Yorkshire and Sunderland, and through partner charities across the UK.
• Runs the free-phone Centrepoint Helpline for any young person aged 16-25 who is worried about homelessness. The Centrepoint Helpline is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm and the number is 0808 800 0661.
• Centrepoint’s work is about more than just providing a safe bed for the night; Centrepoint helps young people to turn their lives around by gaining essential life skills; tackling their physical and mental health issues and moving into education or employment.
• Through policy work, Centrepoint aims to influence public policy, campaigning on behalf of the young people it supports and homeless young people throughout the UK.
• HRH The Duke of Cambridge became Centrepoint’s Patron in 2005.
Anyone wanting to find out more about the campaign, interested in receiving a campaing kit to collect DVD's and CD's or has any questions should get in touch by email in the first instance to email@example.com