O’Donovan Waste Disposal has successfully achieved its Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme (FORS) Gold status for the tenth consecutive year, demonstrating its ongoing dedication and commitment to road safety, fleet innovation and driver training.
O’Donovan Waste is the first independent haulier to reach the impressive milestone, having continually made significant investments in its business and operations which have resulted in the retention of the stringently audited accreditation for ten years in a row.
To achieve a FORS gold standard, fleet operators must demonstrate and evidence exemplary levels of compliance based upon safety, efficiency, and environmental protection. O’Donovan has ensured it has not only met these requirements, but has consistently exceeded the audit criteria.
Jacqueline O’Donovan, managing director of O’Donovan said, “We are delighted to achieve ten years of being a FORS Gold accredited business and this clearly shows our level of commitment to ensuring operational excellence in our everyday operations. Best practice, enhanced safety modifications and our embedded training sits at the heart of our business and it has contributed to us raising the bar.”
FORS Director, John Hix, said: “FORS Gold is designed to really test operators. It demands FORS members prove they have thoroughly embedded extremely high levels of professional best practice in relation to safety and efficiency, so it is no small achievement to maintain this level for 10-years.”
“O’Donovan Waste have long championed the benefits FORS can bring hauliers, with Jacqueline O’Donovan a member of the FORS Governance and Standards Advisory Group (GSAG) since it was established in 2015, and we are delighted that Jacqueline and the team at O’Donovan continue to value and support FORS. We look forward to what the company’s next ten years’ at FORS Gold will bring.”
FORS in Figures
- Currently, there are 273 FORS Gold members and there are 4,600+ accredited FORS organisations in the UK, Europe and worldwide
- FORS Gold members achieve a 14 per cent reduction in CO2, with a 12 per cent average year on year improvement in miles-per-gallon*
- FORS Gold members report a 49 per cent reduction in PCNs and 32 per cent reduction in incidents*
- 47 per cent of FORS members reported a reduction in the cost of their annual fleet insurance greater than £1,000**
- One third of respondents asked highlighted the biggest indirect benefits of FORS were increased work winning over competitors and improved customer satisfaction.**
- In 2019, 5,031 FORS Bronze audits were conducted, with an overall pass rate of 73 per cent, compared to 71 per cent in 2018
- Despite the national lockdown 4,389 Bronze audits were conducted in 2020
- 6,388 drivers and managers trained through FORS Professional and FORS Approved courses in 2020
- 283,092 FORS Professional eLearning modules undertaken in 2020
*MPG improvements drawn from 138 Gold member case studies during 2018.
**Data taken from 450 respondents to the 2019 FORS Satisfaction Survey
O’Donovan Waste Disposal is one of London’s leading independent waste management companies with a turnover of £21m, a fleet of 100 HGVs and employing a workforce of 185. A dynamic business specialising in construction and demolition waste, O’Donovan has earned an excellent reputation as a trusted company that crosses over a number of different sectors, offering total waste management and recycling solutions.
The family-run, award-winning company champions a range of ongoing innovative initiatives that prioritises staff wellbeing, health and safety, training and environmental excellence, demonstrating a top-down commitment to best practice and is widely regarded within the sector as an industry leader.