Bechtel, a global engineering, procurement, and construction leader, has ranked No. 1 on the Engineering News-Record list of Top 400 U.S. contractors for the 22nd consecutive year. Engineering News-Record (ENR), the industry’s leading publication, compiled the rankings based on companies’ 2019 construction revenues.
“We thank our customers for trusting us to help them achieve their goals in 2019, and for their continued partnership as we work closely together to navigate the impact of the coronavirus pandemic,” said company Chairman and CEO Brendan Bechtel. “This recognition is a testament to the resilience, talent and commitment of our people, who align with our customers to design and build projects that make the world safer, more productive, and more sustainable.”
Bechtel ranked among the top-performing companies in several market sectors. The company maintained its No. 1 ranking in the Power market sector and improved to No. 1 in both the Industrial and Hazardous Waste sectors. The company improved to second in the Petroleum sector.
Bechtel also was the No. 1 American contractor working outside the U.S.
Last year yielded significant progress for Bechtel customers whose projects will improve mobility, increase the supply of safe and affordable energy, eliminate hazardous waste, and improve economies.
Among the highlights:
- Plant Vogtle Units 3 and 4 in Georgia surpassed 75 percent completion to move closer to producing carbon-free energy;
- The Kosovo government opened the country’s Route 6 motorway, expanding trade opportunities across Western Europe;
- And the Blue Grass Chemical Agent-Destruction Pilot Plant in Kentucky began to safely dismantle the last U.S. chemical weapons stockpile.
New partnerships secured in 2019 position Bechtel for continued growth.
- NASA chose Bechtel to design, construct, and commission Mobile Launcher 2, which will be used to assemble and launch the next version of the Space Launch System rocket;
- The Serbian government selected a Bechtel-ENKA joint venture to build the country’s first 5G-ready motorway;
- And Bechtel and General Motors began exploring the construction of a national network of electric-vehicle charging stations.
Bechtel is a trusted engineering, construction and project management partner to industry and government. Bechtel serves the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals markets. Their services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. For more information visit www.bechtel.com