SC Johnson today announced it is increasing the company’s commitment to help those on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic to $15 million in financial assistance and product donations. These resources are being deployed globally to support medical workers, first responders and pressing public needs in health care, children’s education, humanitarian relief and worker training.
“SC Johnson has a long history of reaching out to support those in need, and we’re doubling down during this pandemic,” said Fisk Johnson, Chairman and CEO of SC Johnson. “Our mission is to make the world a better place wherever we operate, and now more than ever, we are committed to extending a helping hand to our neighbours and families around the world, to assist in providing some comfort and much-needed relief during these challenging times.”
As part of this third wave of funding, SC Johnson announced it is partnering with Gateway Technical College to provide $540,000 in financial support to strengthen rapid response job training efforts. The goal of the program is to equip and enable individuals with the technical skills needed to secure employment in high demand career fields.
The training will focus on 10 high-demand areas including CNC operators, certified nursing assistants and web developers which pay average starting wages of $16 per hour. SC Johnson’s investment is projected to generate an annual economic impact of more than $5 million for the Racine community.
To date, SC Johnson has worked with local, national and international NGOs to organise the distribution of $10 million of the company’s COVID-19 commitment.
• 80,000 SC Johnson product care packages donated to health care workers and first responders in the United States, distributed by the CDC Foundation.
• $1 million donation to the CDC Foundation’s Emergency Response Fund.
• $4 million to support COVID-19 response efforts across Asia, Europe and Latin America.
• $1 million to Save the Children to educate and enable children worldwide to cope with the pandemic and respond to this and future public health threats.
• More than 300,000 bottles of hand sanitiser donated to health care workers and first responders across the U.S.
• Support for the local response to COVID-19 in the company’s backyard by providing meals, snacks and books to school children and care packages to first responders.
SC Johnson continues to assess ways to address the needs of people around the world as the pandemic evolves.
SC Johnson is a family company dedicated to innovative, high-quality products, excellence in the workplace and a long-term commitment to the environment and the communities in which it operates. Based in the USA, the company is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of household cleaning products and products for home storage, air care, pest control and shoe care, as well as professional products. It markets such well-known brands as GLADE®, KIWI®, OFF!®, PLEDGE®, RAID®, SCRUBBING BUBBLES®, SHOUT®, WINDEX® and ZIPLOC® in the U.S. and beyond, with brands marketed outside the U.S. including AUTAN®, BAYGON®, BRISE®, KABIKILLER®, KLEAR®, MR MUSCLE® and RIDSECT®. The 134-year-old company, which generates $10 billion in sales, employs approximately 13,000 people globally and sells products in virtually every country around the world.
For more information please visit www.scjohnson.com