The Nuts & Bolts Of Company Law - Cambridge
Date: 18th January 2018 Price: £0
This one day course is an introduction to company law and corporate governance and is run by MBL Seminars.
The course has been designed specifically for those new to company law or who need a refresher of the basics.
There is a wealth of legislation, case law, regulation and best practice guidelines governing companies: this course is here to help you understand essential elements of company law and give you a practical appreciation of how companies should be run and managed.
For those with some familiarity with company law who wish for a timely update please see the course: Corporate Governance for Private Company Directors - In Plain English
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Types of company
- The interrelationship between the Companies Act, case law and a company's constitution
- Setting up a company
- An overview of corporate finance
- Share classes and share capital
- How decisions are made in companies
- Types of director
- Appointment and removal of directors
- Board meetings and board minutes
- Director's statutory and non-statutory duties
- Dealing with directors' conflicts of interest
- Company filing and record-keeping
- Company accounts and reporting
- Directors' potential liabilities on insolvency
- Other potential director liabilities e.g. Health & Safety and Corporate Manslaughter
- Some aspects of larger company Corporate Governance
Prices vary depending on the package taken out and the number of delegates booked.
To find out more about the programme, costs and to register for this third party event visit the MBL Seminars website here