Smith & Rodger Ltd
Business Address: Smith & Rodger Ltd, 34 Elliot Street, Glasgow G3 8EA
Business Email: Send message
About Smith & Rodger Ltd
The S&R woodfinish manufacturing tradition began in 1877 when two friends John Smith and Daniel Rodger opened a factory in the south side of Glasgow.
A fourth-generation family business, Smith & Rodger has been manufacturing woodfinishes for over 130 years.
Traditional values of customer service and high quality product are part of Smith & Rodger's proud history, and these are values we still hold high today. However our technical department makes sure that we continue to evolve, developing innovative new products and bespoke woodfinishing solutions for our varied client bas.
To complement our wide product range, from shellac to waxes to lacquers, we also train both amateur enthusiasts and professionals in the arts of woodfinishing and restoration.
Amongst our regular client base we are proud to supply woodfinishing products to the following companies:
- G1 Group - Scotland's leading bar, restaurant and club group
- Chivas Regal - Speyside whisky blenders
- Hamlyn Lodge - antique furniture specialists
- The Sports Cafe Group - sports bar group
- Charles Taylor Woodwork - bespoke furniture design and manufacture
- Barker & Stonehouse - retailers of contemporary and traditional furniture
- Sheraton Grand Hotel Edinburgh
- BBC Television