John Sisk & Son
Business Address: John Sisk & Son, Wilton Works, Naas Road, Clondalkin, Dublin 22, Ireland
Country: Republic of Ireland,
Business Email: Send message
About John Sisk & Son
John Sisk & Son is an international construction company with a turnover of more than €1bn. Headquartered in Ireland, we have operations in the UK, Poland and the United Arab Emirates. We have over 150 years of experience and remain a family run business in its fifth generation.
Sicon-Sisk Group is a large diversified family owned business. Established in 1859 by John Sisk in his native Cork it is as builders and contractors that the founder and subsequent generations have primarily built their reputation in business. However over the past 50 years the group has grown and diversified into stone products, architectural cladding and glazing, distributor for handtools, garden equipment and home entertainment systems, healthcare products and property development.
With a 150 year history spanning over three centuries, our family business has stayed true to John Sisk’s vision of providing exceptionally high levels of construction expertise and customer service by employing, training and motivating capable staff.
After an apprenticeship as a plasterer and at the age of 22, John Sisk set up the construction business in 1859. The building firm he founded, remains at the core of the now internationally and sectorally diversified group of companies which form the SISK Group. John Sisk built up a substantial regional construction business with an impressive record of work around the province of Munster, building schools, hotels, banks and an astonishing 30 churches. One of the first known projects was the Cork Distillery in 1868.
By 1937 we had started the first of our many diversification projects, Stone Developments, and the following year John Gerard Sisk, third generation, spearheaded our move to Dublin, wisely establishing the company at the heart of the nation’s future growth.
An example of the company’s pre-eminent position in the Irish construction market was when we were honoured the contract to erect the Papal Cross for the Pope’s visit in 1979. By 1984, already the clear market leader in Ireland we established our UK subsidiary, now handling a turnover of £250 million with an enviable record of award-winning projects and an enviable reputation for quality and innovation.
Continually growing, we have recently established businesses in Poland and the United Arab Emirates, and last year further expanded our diversification into healthcare with the acquisition of Eschmann.